The best thing about these cookies is that they taste so good--almost like a Reese's peanut butter cup. The other best thing about them is that they are versatile. Make it with chocolate chips, and you have the recipe that has become our ultimate favorite cookie. Make it without chocolate, criss-cross it with a fork, sprinkle sugar on top and you have the recipe that kept Dad company during his early years of sermon writing. And another best thing about them is that they are a crowd-pleaser.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
You will need:
Butter, softened ½ C 1 C 1 ½ C
Peanut butter ½ C 1 C 1 ½ C
Sugar ½ C 1 C 1 ½ C
Brown sugar, packed ½ C 1 C 1 ½ C
Baking soda ½ tsp. 1 tsp. 1 ½ tsp.
Baking powder ½ tsp. 1 tsp. 1 ½ tsp.
Eggs 1 2 3
Vanilla ½ tsp. 1 tsp. 1 ½ tsp.
Flour, all purpose 1 ¼ C 2 ½ C 3 ¾ C
Chocolate chips to taste
In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the two sugars, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. (Skip the chocolate chips if you are making plain peanut butter cookies.)
If necessary, cover and chill dough until it is easy to handle. Shape into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 7-9 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Enjoy!
Yummy! I am going to make these today!
ReplyDelete~Gracie
Hope you enjoy them! They are one of our very favorite cookies. : )
ReplyDeleteOh My Goodness! They were so yummy!!! I am making them again for another get together tomorrow! Everyone raved about them! Thank you for the recipe! This is a new favorite!
ReplyDelete~Gracie
I'm glad you enjoyed them! They are so yummy. : )
DeleteThese truly are amazing! I even made mine a bit healthier by using turbinado and honey instead of sugar, and they still came out wonderfully. The cookie dough itself is INCREDIBLE! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. =D
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome!! It's great to know that good cookies can be made with healthier options. You'll have to tell me your measurements sometime so I can try it myself. : ) We LOVE these!
DeleteOh yes, I'll do that. =) This has to be my new favorite cookie recipe! I've already made them 3 times since I saw the recipe. :-) Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's awesome! You're welcome! ;)
Delete